Sunday, February 21, 2010

On The Eve

Settled into the Hotel in Ft Lauderdale finally. The main group arrived about an hour after I did, and several had arrived before. Finally together, it is both an impressive and ordinary group.

ORDINARY!?!?!? What do I mean by that?

So often I hear people say "I could never do that!" Yet here are people from all walks of life, a marketer, an insurance agent, a mathematician, in addition to the "Medical" staff. Very Normal/ordinary walks of life.

I guess the point I'm driving at, probably incoherently and poorly at this hour, is that no one should ever say they "Can't" do this work. It doesn't take superman to go somewhere uncomfortable and show compassion to another human being. Though a good travel agent helps.

That having been said, on to the "Impressive" part. In talking to many of the people new to me, I sense that common theme of compassion and a desire to make the world a bit better. I very much look forward to the week ahead.

To bed.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment